The Alu-Cab Contour Camper is designed with functionality in mind. This truck canopy is fitted with front, back and side windows, venting to manage dust infiltration and contoured panels to provide added strength and rigidity.
Alu-Cab started out building aluminium canopies, although we offer a wide range of innovative off-road gear these days, we still pride ourselves on being canopy specialists.
Aluminium vs Fibreglass
Our Tacoma bed shells are manufactured from aluminum which has superior strength to weight ratio, thus it is lighter than most of the popular fiberglass competing products. This inherent strength allows the Alu-Cab canopy to carry more load than any other canopies. This inherent strength allows the Alu-Cab canopy to carry more load than any other canopies.
Aluminium vs Steel
The Alu-Cab Canopy is much lighter the any of the steel canopies available on the market, for example, the Alu-Cab Canopy for the Ford Ranger DC is up to 40% lighter than the competitors steel canopy.
The Alu-Cab aluminium range of canopies offers the perfect solution for daily use, work, utilities, expeditions, hobbies, sport, holiday, camping and many other applications.
Besides the advantages of aluminium construction, our canopies have been designed for ease of use, with 3 doors opening up for easy access to your load-bin. Inside the canopy, the roof cross braces double as tie-down rails, as does internal base frame, so you can attach accessories to the canopy’s interior, sides or roof without any drilling. Or you can use the tie-down rails as lashing points to secure your cargo. This versatility means that it’s entirely possible to use your 2005+ Toyota Tacoma camping shell as a workhorse during the week and an overlanding unit on the weekends and holidays. The best of both worlds!
- Integrated Brake Light
- 3 Internal LED Lights
- Optimised Rear Window for Maximum Visibility
- Front and Side Windows Come Standard with Sliders for Better Accessibility and Ventilation
- Front Mounted Positive Pressure Vent
- Double Door Seal Design with Superior Weather and Dust Proofing
- Rigid Formed Roof Panel
- Up to 40% lighter than competing steel canopies
- Naturally UV stable and corrosion resistant – will never rust (even if scratched)
- Requires no drilling or assembly
- Includes built-in roof rails for the fitment of load bars, a roof rack, awning, solar panels or a rooftop tent
- Comes standard with 5 – door opening side doors
- Centre flex, waterproof hinges – prevents rainwater dripping into the canopy when the doors are open
- Structural roof brace doubles as internal tie-down rail for cargo (no drilling required)
- Internal base frame creates additional lashing points for overland, camping, or workhorse applications
- Strong aluminium construction and tamper-proof locks for better security and peace of mind
- Load Bars and Feet
- Security Window Grid
- Kitchen Cupboard