Alu-Cab started out building aluminium canopies, although we offer a wide range of innovative off-road gear these days, we still pride ourselves on being canopy specialists.
Aluminium vs Fibreglass
Our Tacoma bed shells are manufactured from aluminum which has superior strength to weight ratio, thus it is lighter than most of the popular fiberglass competing products. This inherent strength allows the Alu-Cab canopy to carry more load than any other canopies. This inherent strength allows the Alu-Cab canopy to carry more load than any other canopies.
Aluminium vs Steel
The Alu-Cab Canopy is much lighter the any of the steel canopies available on the market, for example, the Alu-Cab Canopy for the Ford Ranger DC is up to 40% lighter than the competitors steel canopy.
The Alu-Cab aluminium range of canopies offers the perfect solution for daily use, work, utilities, expeditions, hobbies, sport, holiday, camping and many other applications.
Besides the advantages of aluminium construction, our canopies have been designed for ease of use, with 3 doors opening up for easy access to your load-bin. Inside the canopy, the roof cross braces double as tie-down rails, as does internal base frame, so you can attach accessories to the canopy’s interior, sides or roof without any drilling. Or you can use the tie-down rails as lashing points to secure your cargo. This versatility means that it’s entirely possible to use your 2005+ Toyota Tacoma camping shell as a workhorse during the week and an overlanding unit on the weekends and holidays. The best of both worlds!
- Our 2005+ Toyota Tacoma camper shells are CAD designed to ensure consistency & quality
- Tig welded aluminium extrusions
- Aluminium sheet CNC laser-cut and bent
- Centre flex, water proof hinges - prevents rain water dripping in when door is open. - Full length side doors for maximum access on DC Canopies
- Reliable, tamper-proof and keyed alike
- Approx. 57 kg for DC Canopy, one of the lightest canopy of its kind, two people can easily lift it onto the load bin
- Side doors available in smooth or tread plate, mill-finish or powder-coated silver / black.
- High quality units made in Germany
- One can load 150kg direct to roof. Mounting rail fitted on canopy roof as standard. Can be used with M8 cup square bolts, tie down rings etc.
- The canopy is delivered ready to fit to the vehicle, no need to assemble
- The canopy is packed in a reinforced box that ensures safe delivery all over the world
- Dual-colour and colour-coding
- 3-year structural warranty & 1-year on working parts (T&Cs apply)
- Front Sliding Window
- Load Bars and Feet
- Universal Cupboard
- Kitchen Cupboard
- Side Prep Table
- Security Grid
- Table and Mount
- Ammo Box Slide
- Chair Carrier