Old Man Emu 2.25" Suspension Lift for 2005-2007 Ford F250 Superduty
This relationship between vehicle weight and suspension is where Old Man Emu gets its name - the emu is a large Australian flightless bird, when it runs, its powerful legs absorb most of the impact, allowing it to move over all types of terrain while its body remains virtually motionless. This is what Old Man Emu strives to achieve with its range of fully integrated 4x4 shocks and suspension systems. Old Man Emu suspension systems include carefully matched spring and shock combinations engineered to improve vehicle ride, handling and control under various loads.
At OME, instead of merely offering a suspension lift kit that's little more than a compilation of parts aimed at raising your truck's height, we offer a range of tuned and matched integrated systems, each offering varying degrees of comfort, load carrying capability & control characteristics. The components are designed by ARB with an unrelenting, no compromise approach. In short, Old Man Emu is not a lift company, but rather a suspension tuning company.
- Springs are supplied with busings.
- To help maintain 60mm lift, add one pair of D27XL extra leaf for every 800LBS carried over 1200LBS.
- For heavy constant load, D27XL extra leaf must be used.
- Fitment of a FK36 caster correction kit will provided approx. 3.5 to 4 degrees of extra caster.
Nitrocharger Shock Absorbers
Australia's unique driving conditions call for a different approach to shock absorber design. Invariably, vehicles are heavily loaded, fitted with accessories and driven on harsh Outback roads for prolonged periods.
When developing shock absorbers, Old Man Emu takes all these factors into consideration. This is reflected in the superb structural integrity of Nitrocharger shocks, along with the fact they are properly valved for the conditions they will be required to work under.
This experience in setting the most appropriate valving is what really sets the Nitrocharger apart from its competitors. OME engineers have extensive knowledge in this field as they specialize in nothing else but 4WD suspension systems. When developing a shock absorber, consideration is given to both original equipment and OME springs. In many cases, several shock absorber applications will be listed for one vehicle to ensure the proper match regardless of spring selection, installed accessories or load carrying requirements.
While OME Nitrochargers will improve overall ride performance when fitted with standard springs, more substantial benefits can be achieved when fitted in conjunction with OME springs. Improved ride, load carrying characteristics, and wheel travel are all benefits of such a combination.
Used by 4 wheelers throughout the world, OME Nitrochargers set the standard in ride comfort over any terrain and simply outperform the competition.
Numerous spring options are available to suit a multitude of applications, allowing you to set your vehicle up for recreational or commercial purposes. Feature packed, a set of Emu Dakar leaf springs matched to a set of Old Man Emu shocks will deliver vastly improved ride, handling and load carrying capability.
- Draw Tapered & Diamond Cut Leaves: Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
- Bolt Clamps & Liners: The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
- Fully Scragged & Load Tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent 'set' which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
- Graphite Coating: To further reduce the friction between the spring leaves & friction pads.
- Military Wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
- Anti Friction Pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
- Flat Axle Seat Area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress & increasing spring life.
- Shot Peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
- Two-stage Leaf Pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.
2005, 2006, 2007
Special Fitment Notes
ARB2768, ARBN195, ARBFK36, ARBCS048R
You have no items to compare.