Nitro Front & Rear Gear Package Kit for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma
If you have been driving your 2016 Tacoma with oversized tires, than you are probably disappointed with the new engine combo, but with proper gearing they are actually very nice. We recently fitted the first stet to the XOVERLAND.COM 2016 Tacoma, which is fully outfitted and includes an AT Overland Habitat (camper). Rachelle and Rhonda complained that the new truck was constantly shifting and burning through a ton of fuel, that it "just didn’t feel right.” Installing the new 4.88 ratio Nitro gears resulted in an immediate improvement in drive-ability and later a 3-4 mpg increase on their 10 hour drive home. You can see the video from the shop floor here at the Expedition Overland facebook page.
Kit includes a two year warranty!
Nitro Complete Gear Package Includes:
- Front ring & pinion
- Front Master Install Kit including upgraded solid pre-load spacer
- Rear ring & pinion
- Rear Master Install Kit including upgraded solid pre-load spacer
- Will not fit Dana built rear axle
- Fits factory OEM carrier or ARB RD111.
- Only fits models with automatic transmissions and OEM E-locker or manual transmission models.
- Models with automatic transmission but lacking the OEM E-locker use an 8" ring & pinion, TV6-xxx-NG.
- Solid Preload spacer replaces stock type crush sleeve improving bearing preload retention, eliminating possible crush sleeve damage if the yoke is impacted offroad and allows the pinion seal to be serviced without complete disassembly of the differential to replace a crush sleeve and reset pinion bearing preload.
- Nitro Master kits include name brand OE quality bearings.
Nitro Rings & Pinions:
- Manufactured in South Korea
- 8620 Steel Gear Forgings
- Precision Machining
- CNC Triple-lapping
- Heat Treatment
- Rockwell Hardness Tested
Nitro Master Install Kits:
- Koyo or OEM Carrier Bearings
- Koyo or OEM Pinion Bearings
- Pinion Nut
- if applicable
- Pinion Seal
- Crush Sleeve or Preload Shims or Solid Spacer
- Carrier Shims
- if applicable
- Gasket or Silicone
- Gear-marking Compound and Applicator Brush