ARB Summit Front Bumper for 2015+ Chevrolet Colorado
Design and Development
With the growing popularity of the Chevrolet Colorado as an expedition vehicle, ARB’s engineers have designed and developed a Summit Bumper to suit 2015 and on vehicle models. The Summit Bumper has been designed for WT, LT and Z71 models of the Colorado.
The ARB Summit Bumper features the latest styling from ARB including press form cover straps, larger ARB fog light and surround, three-piece split pan grill with access doors for winch clutch operation and a recessed winch control box mount for a sleek, integrated appearance. The Colorado Summit Bumper is finished with ARB’s textured black Integrit™, offering class-leading protection and unparalleled corrosion resistance while also being an ultra-low sheen, matte finish.
Protection & Styling Characteristics
- Registered design of styling and components
- Durable steel construction for maximum protection
- Incorporates ARB’s renowned multi fold upswept and tapered wing design for optimum strength and approach angle
- 30mm radius on wings and center section
- Engineered and air bag compatible mounting system secures to the chassis via high tensile bolts
- Split pan design for maximum strength and airflow
- Three-piece grill design for split pan
- Extensive protection panels on center and either side (pressed form top pan and aluminium (powder coated black) winch cover panel)
- Twin Hi-Lift jack points located beneath each buffer for optimum strength
- Durable two-piece buffers
- Includes ARB LED indicator and clearance light.
- Will accommodate Warn low mount model electric winches up to 10,000lbs
- Provision to accommodate ARB Intensity AR21, AR32, AR40 and IPF lights
- Provision for optional ARB fog light kit (these fog lights are included in the 3462050K)
- Provision for optional ARB fog light covers part no 3500680
- Provision for optional summit roller fairlead cover part no 3500850
- Bumper adds approximately 6in from OE to the overall length of the vehicle
- Approximate weight of the bar, chassis mounts and fitting kit is 185lbs
- Zinc rich primer for additional corrosion resistance
- Finished in Integrit™, textured black powder coat
Kit Components - 3462050K
- 1 x Summit Bumper
- 1 x Winch Installation Kit (seperate Warn ZEON fit kits may be required)
- 1 x Fog Light Kit
- 1 x Fog Light Loom (required due to OE fog light loom being designed for a 19W OE
- fog light)
Integrit™ Powder Coat
Manufactured in Australia, this proprietary polymer blend delivers incredible resistance to damage from sources such as road debris, surface abrasion, weathering, acid spotting, and off road usage. For improved corrosion resistance products available with Integrit™ are now pre-treated with a zinc rich powder coat primer before coating.
Utilizing ARB’s quality-controlled pre-treatment process the textured finish offers class leading protection, providing unparalleled corrosion resistance. Integrit™ texture powder coated surfaces benefit from self-cleaning capabilities, with the formula incorporating a synthetic PTFE wax for resistance against dirt and road grime. The coating is easily cleaned with a mild wash solution.
Buffers, Split Pan Grille & Fog Light Surround
The ARB Summit Bumper for the Colorado features two piece buffers, split pan grille and ARB’s Fog Light Surround (suits ARB Fog Light part number 3500590). All three components are designed to integrate with each other and the bumper design. The upright section of the two-piece buffer has a style line to complement the fog light surround. The intersection of the 3in press formed cover strap and buffer is covered by a covered strap intersection cap to neatly finish the pressed form cover strap. To provide access to winch clutch handles and to assist with valuable air flow to the radiator, the split pan has a three-piece grille for an integrated, OE style appearance.
ARB’s new fog light surround is featured in the ARB Summit Bumper for the Colorado. Fitment of ARB Fog Light part number 3500590 is optional. ARB Fog Light Loom 3500530 is required for vehicles without original equipment fog lights. The fog light surround will be supplied in a natural black finish to complement the buffer design. A clear fog light cover has been developed separately under part number 3500680.
Pressed Top Pan & Winch Cover
The top pan for the ARB Summit Bumper range feature a press form to add strength and a 4mm aluminum press formed winch cover panel (for when no winch is being fitted). When fitted, the winch cover panel is recessed in the top pan to give a level and integrated appearance. The cover is supplied in a satin black powder coat finish.
Hi-Lift Jack Points
Hi-Lift jack points are located directly below the buffers. The Hi-Lift jack point is welded directly to the upright on either side and is designed to prevent the Hi-Lift jack from interfering with the buffer
LED Turn Signals
Press form apertures in each wing are provided to fit ARB’s LED Turn Signal.
Driving Light Mounts
The press formed top pan includes laser cut holes for fitment of a range of compatible driving lights including ARB Intensity AR21, AR32, AR40 Light Bar and IPF 800 and 900 series lights. Pinning holes for ARB Intensity Lights are included. Ensure that all driving lights installed (position and function), comply with your local regulations.
It is recommended that driving lights are fitted at the time of bumper fitment. If driving lights are being fitted after the bumper has been fitted, the center lower stone tray will need to be removed to provide access to the right-hand side driving light mount.
Winch Model Fitment
The following winches fit the Colorado ARB Summit Winch Bumper:
- Warn M8000, XD9000, 9.5XP, 9.5XDC
- Warn ZEON 8, 8-S, 10 and 10-S
- Warn ZEON Platinum 10 and 10-S
- Warn VR 8,10 and 10-S
The ARB Summit Bumper has an integrated control box mount that recesses the control box lower in the pan. Different mount holes and control box brackets are provided to suit different winches. Winch fitting kit instructions have further information as to which mount hole or bracket is suitable. Please note that not all winches on the market will have corresponding control box mount holes pre-drilled.
Winch Installation Kits Required
Additional fit kits are required depending on the winch being fitted:
- WARN ZEON Relocation Kit (#89965)
- WARN ZEON Platinum Enhanced Signal Kit (#94288)