JKS Electronic Swaybar Cable Conversion, 2007-2014 Wrangler JK Rubicon
The electronic front swaybar disconnect system – or SmartBar™ – equipped on Wrangler JK Rubicon models was a welcome addition and a strong selling point for those of us who take our vehicles off-road. Unfortunately, the failure rate of this system has left many Rubicon owners frustrated and disappointed. The problem lies in the design, which is overly complicated and equally susceptible to malfunction. The SmartBar™ circuitry also ties into, and can be affected by, the vehicle’s TIPM module which has its own history of reliability issues.
Problems with the electronic swaybar can occur at any time. Early signs of trouble include a locking mechanism that is slow to respond and a dashboard indicator light that flashes erratically. Because the electronic swaybar cannot be serviced, the only remedy is complete replacement of the swaybar system. The cost of replacement is approximately $1,500, and the new swaybar is just as vulnerable to failure as the original.
Electronic Swaybar Cable Conversion
- Extremely reliable and simplified solution to the overly complicated and failure-prone OE system
- 100% Mechanical control of swaybar eliminates reliance on unreliable electronic circuitry and cheap internal motor
- Heavy duty actuator cable ensures positive engagement and disengagement of the swaybar disconnector even on unlevel surfaces
- Isolates control of swaybar from vehicle computer ensuring temperamental TIPM and other electrical systems cannot disable swaybar operation
- Stops swaybar indicator light from flashing erratically while maintaining functionality to inform driver of swaybar mode – does not require AEV ProCal module
- Affordable alternative to factory replacement of non-serviceable electronic swaybar system
- Supplied 2-way drill guide ensures accurate drilling and eliminates potential for error
1 Rubicon models only - vehicle must be equipped with electronically controlled OE front swaybar.
2 Not compatible with aftermarket swaybars.
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Special Fitment Notes
Manufacture Part Number
You have no items to compare.